TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Those with disabilities now have a new resource to learn how to be independent.
The Friendship House is coming to Terre Haute.
It will be the first Friendship House in Indiana.
The house is a space for young adults with disabilities to create a community and have affordable, safe housing.
It is an extension of the services offered by Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church.
It's a unique experience where college students and those with disabilities will live together.
The house will be open in the fall.
If you or someone you know is interested in being part of the community, learn more here.
- Friendship House will create a new, unique community in Terre Haute
- Community honors Terre Haute firefighters
- Student use technology to create unique pieces of art
- Wabash Valley fire department creates unique American flag
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Terre Haute: A community in silence
- Community comes together to cleanup Terre Haute
- Community Spotlight: Happiness Bag in Terre Haute
- A new gym in Terre Haute is getting kids more active in a unique way
- Unique coins showing up in Terre Haute Salvation Army donation kettles