TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Fowler Park hosted a free fishing day Saturday.
All ages were invited to come out and practice catching fish.
The goal is to bring awareness to our natural resources.
One participant said it's a good time to get outdoors and try something new.
"Allowed the public an opportunity to come and try fishing if they haven't before. We have a few people here that have never fished, so they're enjoying the time to get to try something new," said Taylor Rickett, youth services assistant librarian.
The event was put on by the Vigo County Parks and Recreation Department, along with the Vigo County Public Library.
Participants could even enjoy food, music, and crafts.
- Free fishing day offers fun to community
- Last "Free Fishing Days" takes place this weekend
- DNR to offer free fishing April 21 at state’s lakes, rivers
- Replay Runway offers fashion and fun while supporting ReThink, Inc.
- Winter wonderland fun!
- DNR offers vets free access to parks on Veterans Day
- Terre Haute offers free city bus rides on election day
- Terre Haute to offer free bus rides on Election Day
- Law firm offers free taxi rides on Saint Patrick's Day
- Family Learning Day brings families together for day of fun