TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Farmers work year-round to feed the globe. Now, some local businesses are wanting to return the favor.
That's with the Wabash Valley Farmers Appreciation Luncheon. 250 farmers will be welcomed at the free event.
Melissa Kellett of Scheid Diesel, one of the event sponsors, says it's the least the community can do to pay their gratitude forward.
She explains, "We appreciate them daily, just due to the fact that you know, I mean if it wasn't for them providing the services that they do, then, you know, our bellies would be hungry every day."
Farmers just need to RSVP to reserve their spot at the event. To do so, you can contact Kellett at email@example.com, or call 812-466-7202.
The event is on March 14th at 11 a.m. It’s being held at the Landing at Fort Harrison. In addition to lunch, there will be door prizes, vendors, give-a-ways, and guest speakers.
Again, this event is free and open to all farmers.
- Free Farmers Appreciation Luncheon in March
- Wabash Valley community celebrates local farmers with special luncheon
- Local YMCA holds appreciation event for community
- Walk to End Alzheimer's leadership luncheon
- 2018 Farmers' Almanac Locations
- Customer appreciation day to benefit local humane shelter
- We Live event shows residents they are appreciated
- Clabber Girl honored at Indiana Manufacturers Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Area farmers prepare for harvest
- Shutdown worries Wabash Valley farmers