TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Theta Chi held its first ever toy drive Sunday.
The toys, gifts and games will be given to kids who are victims of domestic violence.
The event started with an idea after one of the frat members interned with the Make a Wish Foundation.
Nick Anderson says working with a non-profit made him want to give back and make a difference.
“I want to give back to the families, give back to the kids who are victims of domestic abuse because I live by this quote that my supervisor told me a long time ago; you don't give back because you have a lot to give but you give back because you know what it's like to have nothing."
Anderson says he wants to see the toy drive grow every year.
- Frat collects toys for domestic violence victims
- CODA holds event to remember the victims of domestic violence
- Heather Locklear arrested for alleged domestic violence
- Domestic Violence shelter recovering after shut down
- Toys for Tots drive collects more than $3,000 and 20 boxes of toys
- Hundreds of toys and thousands of dollars collected during Toys for Tots drive
- Pacers star Victor Oladipo surprises domestic violence survivor with car
- West Terre Haute Police collect food and toys for community center
- Danville girl collects over 11,000 toys for Riley patients in time for Christmas
- Toys for Tots