CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Clay County Prosecutor's Office hopes the community will continue to call them with tips on child abuse and neglect.
One such call landed four people in jail: Chardonna Cochran, Brice Holden, Ashley Whitesides and Charles Whitesides.
Back to Jan. 31 a Court Appointed Special Advocate tipped police off about possible child neglect. Brazil Police responded to a home on Hendrix Street.
The police report spells out the horrendous conditions in which six small children were living. These children ranged in age from four years old to as young as eight-months old.
Police found sewage backed up into the sink and they found trash on the floor.
Police arrested the four adults living there:
Clay County's Chief Deputy Prosecutor hopes this case inspires others to report cases of child neglect.
“I know there's a lot of people in our community that are disheartened by what's going on and they feel nothing's being done,” Emily Clarke said. “I don't think it's a secret in the state of Indiana that DCS is under scrutiny. And a lot of times I hear from the school systems and teachers that they call and nothing gets done. And what I would say to you is keep calling."
All four people arrested have been charged with felony charges of neglect of a dependent.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Four arrested in connection to child neglect case in Clay County
- Clay County animal neglect case under investigation
- Three arrested in Clay County in connection to child molestation investigation
- 'Soaked in urine, extremely dirty, and cold' Two arrested in Daviess County severe child neglect case
- Final person involved in high profile child neglect case sentenced
- Farmersburg man takes plea deal in child neglect case
- Clay County man charged with child molesting
- Suspect involved in Vigo County child neglect case agrees to plead guilty
- Broken ribs, arms, and legs: More details released on Sullivan County child neglect case
- Clay County man booked on child sex charges