MIAMI, Fla. (WTHI) - Four young men from Terre Haute took a spring break trip they will never forget.
The group of cousins stopped at a gas station in South Beach after a night out.
What happened next was all caught on camera.
According to police in Florida, it all happened early Sunday morning.
A masked man, armed with a gun approached the men while they were filling up their gas tank.
The cousins, Jacob Tanoos, Alec Tanoos, Aric Wisbe, and Alex Wisbey were in Florida to celebrate a 21st birthday.
All four men are Terre Haute residents.
In the video, you can see three of the men standing at the gas pump.
That is when a masked man with a gun charged at them, pointing a gun at Alec.
The cousins wrestled with the suspect, working to get the gun.
During the struggle, the weapon fell to the ground.
One of the men was able to pick up the gun and point it at the two suspects.
That is when the suspects got back in their car and drove away. The cousins were able to get a license plate number.
"Nothing is going to happen to him, if anything happens to him it's going to happen to me or any of them...just not my brother, my cousins too as well," Jacob said.
"That was someone's family member. Their life was just as important as someone's we had control of, the situation...we had the gun. There was no reason, absolutely no reason for us to fire that firearm at them," Alec told us.
Police have arrested Kevin Campbell.
He was the driver...not the one armed with a gun.
That suspect remains at large.
- WATCH: Four Terre Haute men put a stop to an armed robbery attempt near Miami
- Terre Haute man sentenced to 30 years for attempted murder and armed robbery charges
- Terre Haute Police investigate armed robbery at Mexican restaurant
- Three arrested in connection to Terre Haute armed robbery
- Two men charged for downtown armed robbery
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Terre Haute cab driver shoots 17-year-old accused in armed robbery attempt, does not currently face charges
- Police investigate armed robbery
- Woman arrested for attempted armed robbery enters plea agreement
- Indiana's attorney general makes Terre Haute stop