SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State Police reports the former treasurer of the Southwest School Corporation in Sullivan County has been charged with official misconduct.
ISP reports that Amy Kinnett turned herself in to police around 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
After an investigation that started in August through an independent audit unit, Kinnett is accused of using a school corporation credit card for personal purchases. Those purchases included bridal, hotel, grocery, telephone and clothing.
ISP reports the total of the charges made between 2015 and 2017 was more than $6,000.
Kinnett is also accused of removing cash from the treasurer’s office totaling more than $1,000 as well as writing checks payable to SSC that were not deposited within one business day as is required by Indiana law.
“During this investigation, Kinnett made substantial restitution efforts to the SSC,” Indiana State Police stated in a release.
Kinnett was taken to the Sullivan County Jail where she bonded out.
- Former Southwest School Corp. treasurer arrested for official misconduct
- Southwest Parke School Corp upgrade elementary security
- Brazil school turns trash to treasure
- Vigo County School Corp. Proposes 2020 Budget
- Vermillion County Trustee arrested for theft and official misconduct
- Northeast School Corp. looking at possibility of consolidation
- Kathy Goad starts as superintendent at Linton-Stockton school corp
- Vincennes School Corp holds forum for Franklin Elementary parents
- Vigo County School Corp. opens facilities to the public
- Former treasurer to spend time in jail