SEELYVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - A former Seelyville church employee is behind bars facing several charges.
On Friday, police arrested Heather Riggs.
Riggs is a former employee of Victory Christian Center in Seelyville.
According to police, they have been investigating Riggs for two weeks in connection with a heroin operation.
Police say Riggs was in charge of bank accounts and handling money for the church.
Over the course of the investigation, police say Riggs was writing checks from the church to her heroin supplier and for herself to be cashed.
She is also accused of taking money from the offerings collected during church services.
In total, police say Riggs took over $75,000 over the past 14 months.
Police say she had small children with her during a drug transaction.
Riggs is facing several charges related to dealing drugs, forgery, check fraud, theft, and neglect of a dependent.
- Former Seelyville church employee accused of buying heroin with church money
- Seelyville boil order lifted
- Seelyville sewer rates will increase
- Local church holds 5k
- Crime Stoppers: The Seelyville Dollar General theft
- Crews begin demolition of Seelyville building
- Hydrant flushing for Seelyville Water Works Customers
- Seelyville awarded state grant to improve roads
- Church hosts active shooter training
- Local church hosting blood drive