VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The former clerk-treasurer of Cayuga faces federal charges, accused of stealing money from the town.
Sami Dillon faces a charge of theft concerning programs that receive federal funds.
It's the same charge that was filed against Franklin Fennell and Frank Shahadey.
The federal government believes Dillon shorted her own bills to low balances.
It was also alleged Dillon failed to make deposits of funds of town utility bills.
Dillon is one of 15 public officials who was recently indicted.
- Former Cayuga clerk-treasurer faces federal charges
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Former Cayuga clerk-treasurer receives probation, ordered to pay restitution after guilty plea of theft
- Man arrested, facing charges after fight in Cayuga
- Cayuga Grandstand Project receives big donation
- 'I have not taken money'; Clerk-Treasurer responds to Odon town audit
- Two Terre Haute residents face federal drug charges
- Brazil school turns trash to treasure
- Former treasurer to spend time in jail
- Trash becomes treasure for Replay the Runway