GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - It's gone from bad to worse in the breakup of a local electric utility and its former CEO.
In late June, the UDWI REMC in Greene County fired Brian Sparks.
The utility's board said an internal audit showed that Sparks didn't fulfill management expectations.
We've learned Sparks filed a lawsuit in Greene Superior Court against UDWI. The utility filed a counter claim Wednesday.
Sparks claims, among other things, breach of contract and unpaid wages. UDWI denies any liability towards sparks.
At last check, the utility was under federal investigation. It also underwent an internal audit upon Sparks' departure.
News 10 will keep you posted as to how this story develops.
- Former CEO files lawsuit against UDWI REMC in Greene County; UDWI files counter claim
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Online Public Inspection File
- Motions to dismiss filed in lawsuit involving Isaac Haas
- Lawsuit filed in fatal duck boat sinking seeks $100 million
- Indiana family files 2nd lawsuit in Missouri boat sinking
- Nick Sandmann files lawsuit against the Washington Post
- Filing: Indiana AG Hill declines hearing on groping claims
- ACLU files lawsuit against state trooper for alleged constitutional violations during Vigo County traffic stop
- Lawsuit filed against NantWorks after failing to bring jobs to Vigo County