HEBRON, Ill. (WTHI) - One way to get Chief Photojournalist Mike Latta's attention is talking great food, great service, and oh...pie. Pie always works.
Well, it was one of those emails that took them to a little spot in New Hebron, Illinois.
That spot is called the Hitchin Post Restaurant.
Vicki and Tim Inboden built the restaurant about two years ago.
Vicki's mother Alice, or as she's known around here, Mimi, runs the kitchen.
"My mom and I have about 106 years between the two of us, I've always been out in front and she's been in the back...she's cooked," Vicki told us.
Everything that is served from this kitchen is made fresh and from scratch.
The Beef Manhattan and the Breaded Tenderloin is what put them on the map...so, of course, our crew needed to try both.
Other things the crew tried was the Coral Burger, with chili and onion rings, the Rocky Mountain Horseshoe made with tater tots, and a breaded pork chop you could cut with a fork.
Our viewer that emailed the tip told the crew they needed to try the pie, though.
Vicki said their most popular pies are the coconut cream and Spanish cream.
No matter what you choose , though, the team at the Hitchin Post says they want their customers to walk away happy.
- Fork in the Road: The Hitchin Post
- Fork in the Road: Taste Terre Haute
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Fork in the Road: Honeysuckle Hill Beestro
- Fork in the Road: Syd's Place
- Fork in the Road - Flesor's Candy Kitchen
- Final Fork: Charlie's
- Fork in the Road: Backstreet Pizza in Sullivan
- 2016 Fork in the Road Final Four: Pappy's BBQ
- Fork in the Road: Taco Tequila's Mexican Grill and Cantina