TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Fork in the Road Crew is a big fan of Italian food so they found the perfect place right here in Terre Haute.
“It’s a lot of work, don't take me wrong. But it looks like we are at home,” said Pedro Piloni, Piloni’s Italian Restaurant.
But of course his wife and kids work right beside him making fresh Italian cuisine every day.
"At the end of the day it's much better because you taste the difference. It’s fresh."
If you spend some time in the kitchen it doesn't take you long to see that Pedro’s passion for cooking has caught on, his son Pedro Jr. Is now the head chef.
"I just love it, I love to eat and food is life."
This much work, this much effort to make everything from scratch every day, and you might ask yourself why?
"I promise to my father I will never fail and I will always work really hard because that's what my dad teach me and my mother."
A promise that carries on.
"I think the main ingredient is love. The love you put in the food, and you know like we said if you really want to make something good you have to have the heart for it to do it, just like anything in life ya know?"
Across the generations, into each and every dish.
Piloni’s Italian Restaurant is located at 1733 Lafayette Avenue and they are open every day for lunch and dinner.
For more information, check out their Facebook page as well as their website.
- Fork in the Road: Italian food at Piloni's
- Fork in the Road: The food trucks in Vincennes
- Fork in the Road: The Hitchin Post
- Fork in the Road: Taste Terre Haute
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Fork in the Road: Honeysuckle Hill Beestro
- Fork in the Road: Syd's Place
- Fork in the Road - Flesor's Candy Kitchen
- Fork in the Road: Alabama Bar & Grill
- Contact the Fork in the Road