TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We have good news from health officials as flu activity is now on the downward trend.
A new flu report released on Friday shows Indiana is now in the moderate zone, while Illinois has dropped to low activity.
Health experts say overall, flu season has peaked, but folks still need to be mindful of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick.
Area hospitals are currently keeping visitor restrictions in place for the time being.
- Flu season on the downward trend
- Black Friday trends changing
- Indiana flu deaths reach 107 for state's current flu season
- Local dentistry impacted by the flu season
- Indiana flu deaths nearly triple this season
- Flu season off to slow start
- Local nursing homes tackle the flu season
- 'Tis the season to be thieving' Police see trends of holiday theft, how to protect yourself
- Rough flu season has local restaurants taking extra precautions
- Flu season was one of the deadliest for US children