VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The first phase of the Vigo County Jail study is complete, according RJS Justice Services. County leaders want your input before moving forward.
They’re hosting the first public meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the auditorium at Terre Haute North Vigo High School.
RJS Justice Services will have a PowerPoint presentation. They will explain what they did during the jail study. It will outline the main problems with the facility as well as real solutions to fix the issues.
Then, county leaders are asking for the public’s input to discuss how tax dollars will be spent to fix overcrowding at the jail.
"We asked them to have an ongoing dialogue. We didn't want to wait until we gathered all kinds of information and then just lay it out,” said Judy Anderson, Vigo County Commissioner.
The meeting is open to the public.
- First public meeting on Tuesday about Vigo County Jail future
- Jail study narrows in on results for Vigo County's future
- Vigo County Commissioners speak out again on future jail location
- Vigo County leaders set to hold a public meeting to answer questions about new jail plans
- Vigo County to host public forum on jail plans
- Vigo County Jail project takes center stage at commissioner meeting
- Vigo County Parks hosting public meeting this week
- Vigo County commissioners discuss Tiny Homes Tuesday meeting
- Citizens group looking forward to public forum re: Vigo Jail
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment