TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - There are new renovations coming to the Terre Haute Regional Airport.
They plan to build six new hangars.
Officials at the airport expect pilots to be able to use them by the end of the year.
This will be the first time in 15 years the airport will add new hangars.
Airport director Jeff Houser says these new additions will bring in more traffic.
He said the more pilots mean more money brought to the area.
Hauser went on to say the economy benefits from the large number of business flights into the city.
"For us, having that business traffic is what generates the economy in Terre Haute. A lot of times this is the first place or the last place they see for the city...so we want to make sure they have that good feeling when they come to Terre Haute," Hauser said.
Bids for the construction project will open this summer.
- First new hangars on the way to Terre Haute's airport for since 2003
- Terre Haute airport holds press conference for fall airshow
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- World War II era plane lands at Terre Haute's airport for air show
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Coca-Cola bottle born in Terre Haute
- Road closure in Terre Haute starts Monday
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Wanted Terre Haute woman found by police
- Kidney care facility opens Terre Haute location