TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - A Vigo County elementary school is mourning the loss of one of It’s students to flu complications.
According to the Lost Creek Elementary PTO page, it reads in part “It was with great sadness that we were given the news that one of our own Jackson Pirtle passed away from flu complications.
Jackson was in the first grade at Lost Creek.
He had been at Riley Hospital for Children after becoming sick at home with the flu.
The school and friends are now raising money for the little boy's family.
A friend of the family created a GoFundMe account to help with medical bills. You can donate here.
- First grade student dies from flu complications
- THPD K9 passes away from medical complications
- Woman speaks out about complications with Essure
- Town receives good fire grades
- 3rd grade student creates pillows for cancer patients
- 80,000 people died of flu last winter in US
- Flu shots available now
- Rose student works with Mayo Clinic researchers on flu vaccine
- Regional Hospital earns "A" grade in patient safety
- 4th grade boys save kindergartner choking on cereal