TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An evening fire caused a setback for a local business.
It happened just after 4 p.m. on Saturday at Backyard Leisure. The building is behind Honey Creek Mall.
When News 10 arrived on scene, extensive damage could be seen to the building's outside.
News 10 spoke with one of the employees, who was inside at the time of the fire. He said they noticed a strange smell, followed by the lights going out.
"We saw smoke for probably five or ten minutes," said Josh Michels, Senior Wellness Consultant, "Actually, the fire department was here already before we saw flames emerge."
The employee said a few customers were also inside, but no one was hurt.
In the meantime, Michels said the business will continue to operate through social media and its email.
There's no word yet on what caused the fire. We'll continue to reach out to authorities and bring you the latest as it becomes available.
- Fire damages local business in Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute business damaged by Friday night fire
- Home damaged in afternoon fire in Terre Haute
- Fire consumes Terre Haute warehouse
- Busy Terre Haute intersection closed until Thursday
- Launch Terre Haute hosts future business leaders
- Busy Terre Haute intersection closed through June
- Work starts on busy Terre Haute road
- Five Terre Haute companies pitch business ideas
- Terre Haute business holds active shooter training