SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Fire crews were kept busy for a while with a semi fire in Sullivan County.
The fire happened Saturday night before 11pm two miles east of the Wabash River Bridge. That's near Merom, Indiana in Sullivan County.
Turman Township Fire Department handled the incident.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Scott Rice, crews found a 2013 Kenworth without a trailer. Rice says the driver told crews the fire started under the dash. The driver attempted to put out the fire with an extinguisher but by the time crews arrived the semi was already engulfed.
Officials say personnel were on the scene for about an hour. They say no injuries were reported.
The Hutsonville Fire Department and Sullivan County Sheriff's Office provided assistance.
- Fire crews called to Sullivan County semi fire
- Crews respond to semi fire
- Crews fight semi fire in Vermillion County
- Fire destroys Sullivan County diner
- Fire at Sullivan lumber yard
- Crews battle fire in eastern Vigo County
- Crews fight fire in northern Vermillion County
- Crews respond to Vigo County house fire
- Fire crews respond to overnight barn fire
- Sullivan County evacuation quickly called off after crews contain gas leak