WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - New dates have been filed in the case involving a lawsuit between a former Vigo County police officer and the Town of West Terre Haute.
That order was filed on Thursday in the Vigo County Superior Court.
Jonathan Stevens, Sr. will have his day in court...in fact, he will have several.
In October of 2017, Stevens was charged with domestic battery.
He later pleaded guilty to excessive noise.
Fast forward to November of 2018, and the West Terre Haute town board fired Stevens.
Stevens claimed the police chief said he could stay with the department if he pleaded to the lesser charge.
In January, Stevens filed suit against West Terre Haute saying a court should review the terms of his dismissal.
A hearing has been set for July 2nd.
- Fired West Terre Haute police officer gets a court date
- Board votes to dismiss West Terre Haute Police Officer
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- Crews battle fire in West Terre Haute
- Overnight West Terre Haute fire under investigation
- One hurt in West Terre Haute fire
- Investigation underway for West Terre Haute fire
- Electrical short causes West Terre Haute fire
- West Terre Haute fire under investigation
- West Terre Haute house fire ruled suspicious