TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - It’s no big shocker. Fast food is bad for us yes we all know that. That doesn’t stop us from grabbing a quick bite to eat while we’re on the go during our busy days. But fast food is becoming even more unhealthy.
That’s according to a recent study at Boston University.
They found that fast food is the worst it’s been in the last 30 years.
I spoke with dietitian Sarah James. She is the owner of Nutrition to Grow. She told me that one of her favorite things to teach her clients is moderation. She told me you eat what you want, you just have to watch how often you do so.
I meet Linda and Ed Howaniec at Baesler’s Market.
They usually shop there two to three times a week. “Their food is fresh”, said Howaniec. She told me that they don’t eat fast food hardly at all. That’s one of the keys she told me that helped them live a healthy life. Linda told me that watching what you put in your body while you’re young, is very important to how you will be able to live the rest of your life. She feels it’s something that the younger generation doesn’t understand.
“They don’t realize that what they eat is what they’re going to be”, she told me.
James also told me different ways to plan ahead for busy schedules that some of us have. She says the best way is to use some of the days that people may have off and cook large quantities of food so you won’t have to make those unhealthy decisions that often. A good workout plan and diet play hand in hand with healthier living.
- Fast food places becoming more unhealthy
- Vigo County ranks as one of the most unhealthy counties in Indiana
- Former fast food location in Marshall has new owner
- Fast food chain offers free meal to furloughed federal employees
- Final Fork: Jack's Place
- Clay Youth Food Program
- New Study Places Illinois in Top Ten Places to Drive
- 71-year-old man arrested, accused of watching child pornography inside fast food restaurant
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Clay Youth Food Program delivers food to 950 local children