SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Farmersburg man struck a plea deal in a child neglect case.
Eric Tharp was sentenced to 10 years in prison with two years suspended.
He also received two years of probation.
That's all according to court documents.
An investigation started last August after a three-month-old infant suffered broken bones, including arms, legs, and ribs.
Police say the child was in Tharp's care when the injuries happened.
Tharp was initially charged with neglect of a dependent and domestic battery resulting in serious bodily injury.
As a part of the plea, the neglect charge was dismissed.
- Farmersburg man takes plea deal in child neglect case
- Daugherty takes plea deal in child death case
- Greene County man enters plea deal in child molesting case
- Plea deal submitted in murder case
- Suspects Arrested in Farmersburg Bank Robbery Investigation
- Farmersburg minor confesses to vandalizing park
- Fire at Brampton Brick in Farmersburg
- Final person involved in high profile child neglect case sentenced
- Chicago man takes plea in Terre Haute attempted murder case
- Parke County man accused of taking off with child during emergency situation, faces neglect charges