TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- The Vigo County School Corporation has been investigating a situation where a student had been injured at Sarah Scott Middle School.
Posts on social media claimed it was the result of bullying, but Thursday the parents of the victim came forward and talked with News 10.
Branden and Jennifer Norman came to the station saying their daughter, Nevaeh, was the student who was hurt.
She hit her head and doctors say she hurt her spine. Her parents say it all happened when another student picked her up and dropped her, during a dispute over a ball.
Thankfully, Nevaeh will not be paralyzed. Her parents say she is now recovering at home, but they are worried about the student who hurt their daughter.
They say he's being called a "bully" on social media. Jennifer believes that the student isn't a bully. She says what occurred was isolated, and that her daughter wasn't targeted.
They say they're concerned for the wellbeing of not only the student involved but the school as well. Meanwhile, the family hopes that people will be positive advocates against bullying and not take part in it.
“Yes, we don't like what happened. We are not happy about it. Your actions may not be to hurt the school corporation or the teachers of Sarah Scott. Or the teachers of other school corporations or instances in his family but your actions but your actions can cause just as much damage as breaking my daughters back," said Jennifer Norman.
- Family speaks out after daughter is injured at Sarah Scott Middle School
- Sarah Scott set to open Christmas Store
- After a social media post alleging bullying, News 10 confirms a student was hurt at Sarah Scott Middle School
- Kids compete in Quiz Bowl at Sarah Scott
- Family speaks out after a man confesses to killing their daughter
- Families gather for Daddy-Daughter Dance
- Father speaks for first time 30 years after daughter's murder
- Everything we know about the Noblesville West Middle School shooting that injured student, teacher
- Otter Creek Middle School flu absences down
- Family speaks out about cold case