TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Families gathered Saturday night to celebrate the bond between fathers and daughters.
Families attended the 2018 Daddy-Daughter Dance at the Terre Haute Children's Museum.
The museum partnered with the Wabash Valley Girls Softball League for the party.
Father figures were invited to take their girls out for a fun evening of dancing.
Dad Levi Kelley say he and his daughter Amelia has a fun time dancing together.
"We did quite a bit. We danced to Footloose."
Dads and daughters also worked on Elf Game challenges together.
Renee Henry with the Terre Haute Children's Museum says, "Men are great role models for girls and they need to learn what a gentleman is.”
This is an annual event.
- Families gather for Daddy-Daughter Dance
- THPD enforce dance permit ordinance
- Dance Dance Revolution: City Council to consider changes to dance permit ordinance
- Community joins together to help dance academy
- Police comment on dance ordinance case
- I hope you dance... permit ordinance changes
- Dancing to the tune of $220K
- Police: Family get gathering ends in a fight and stabbing over pills
- Group gathers to discuss pool options
- Churches gather to celebrate Good Friday