TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Families chugged along at the Terre Haute Children's Museum this weekend.
The museum hosted its sixth annual Train Day.
The event featured train displays created by 12 different organizations and people.
Kids also got a chance to see scenes with realistic figures and all sizes of trains.
"As hobby shops disappear, you lose kids," said Newman Atkinson, Train Day Coordinator, "So we want to catch them while they're young and get excited about it!"
The event also included hands-on science experiments.
The goal was to show kids how the special shape of train wheels keeps trains on the tracks.
- Families chug along to learn about trains at Children's Museum
- Terre Haute Children's museum learning lab teaches about human brain
- Children learn about "Mice in the Museum" at the Swope
- Exhibit takes learning to new heights at Terre Haute Children's Museum
- Kids learn how to cook healthy food at Terre Haute Children's Museum
- Law enforcement learn crisis intervention training.
- Santa's reindeer visit Terre Haute Children's Museum
- Kids still have time to train to become an elf at Children's Museum
- Family Learning Day brings families together for day of fun
- Terre Haute Children's Museum hosts snow themed tot time