TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Crews have started to install a new boat dock at Fairbanks Park in Terre Haute. It will replace the one lost to ice damage last January.
Crews started to install the replacement on Tuesday and will finish on Thursday.
A Department of Natural Resources grant helped make it possible.
The new dock has a courtesy ramp split with floats at one end.
It can also be moved out of the water.
- Installation starts on new Fairbanks Park boat dock
- Crews removed boat docks from Fairbanks Park
- Boat dock at Fairbanks Park remains closed indefinitely
- Terre Haute receives grant for new Fairbanks Park boat dock
- Boat dock and fishing pier at Fairbanks Park closed due to ice flow damage
- Fairbanks Park boat dock to be fixed after damaged by ice flow
- The ribbon is cut on a new boat dock at Fairbanks Park
- New dock at Fairbanks for the Wabash Valley Rowing Club
- Parks Department applying for grant to help get new boat dock
- Terre Haute parks leaders discuss YMCA, boat dock, and city golf courses during Thursday meeting