NEW YORK (AP) — Facebook says it is aware of outages on its platforms including Facebook, Messenger and Instagram and is working to resolve the issue.
According to downdector.com, which monitors websites, the outages started around 12 p.m. E.T. on Wednesday in parts of the U.S., including the East and West Coast, parts of Europe and elsewhere. Both Facebook's desktop site and app appeared to be affected. Some users saw a message that said Facebook was down for "required maintenance."
Facebook did not say what was causing the outages, which were still occurring as of 2:15 p.m. E.T., or which regions were affected.
- Facebook, Instagram suffer outages nationwide
- Ranch will impact youth nationwide
- Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other 'dangerous' voices banned by Facebook and Instagram
- Instagram users report massive decline in followers
- Truck drivers prepare for nationwide ELD regulation
- Credit freeze free nationwide as of Friday
- Trump birth control coverage rules blocked nationwide
- Storm Damage and Power Outages
- Sun Outages: What Are They
- Suffering from "giving fatigue"? You're not alone!