TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - If you want your tax refund sooner rather than later experts say file online.
The Indiana Department of Revenue is encouraging you to go digital. Experts say filing online can get you your refund six times faster than if you file on paper. They add opting for direct deposit can save you an additional week.
The Indiana Department of Revenue reports online filings also tend to be more accurate.
You may qualify to file your taxes for free online. That's through a state program called INfreefile. You can learn more at freefile.dor.in.gov.
- Experts: file taxes online to get refund faster
- Online Public Inspection File
- Why is your tax refund lower this year? A local tax expert explains
- Average tax refunds up $40 for 2019
- White House says tax 'refunds will go out'
- Scammers target seniors online during tax season
- Child experts file FTC complaint against Facebook kids’ app
- Just 4 Indiana counties haven't made switch to online filing
- One month left to file taxes
- Tax filing changes you need to know