VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - This event just might make your skin crawl!
Saturday was the Creepy Crawly Fest, hosted by Vigo County Parks and Recreation.
The purpose is to learn a little more about the creepy crawlies from around the world and in our own backyards. Everything from snakes and lizards to spiders and other insects were on display.
Organizers said it's about getting to know what you could encounter in the outdoors.
"The more interaction that people have with creepy critters, the less fearful they'll be," said Laura Maloney, Natural Resource Programmer.
The Creepy Crawly Fest also features animal shows, crafts and face painting.
The festival is held every year on the last Saturday of June.
- Enough to make your skin crawl: Creepy Crawly Fest educates others about insects
- Creepy crawly fest teaches kids about the great outdoors
- Spring insect forecast
- Indiana Senate approves bill to make firefly state insect
- Holcomb signs bill establishing Indiana's official insect
- Keep Skin Summer Soft All Winter Long
- Group works to bring two endangered insects back to Illinois
- State looking into skin infections of tattoo parlor patrons
- Vincennes Watermelon Fest kicks off on Friday
- Indiana State Police on Diesel Fest