TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Police were on the scene of what appeared to be an accident involving a car and a pedestrian on Wednesday night.
That's according to witnesses on the scene.
The incident happened around 9:30 near 3rd and Hulman Streets in Terre Haute.
Witnesses told our crew they saw a man laying on the ground while a woman stood over him screaming.
News 10 has reached out to the Terre Haute Police Department for more information, According to their Twitter account, "THPD responded to a car vs pedestrian crash last night at 3rd and Hulman. The driver was eastbound on Hulman approaching 3rd st when they hit a pedestrian who was crossing Hulman. The pedestrian was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for critical injuries."
We continue to follow this developing story and bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.
- Emergency crews respond to a reported accident involving car and a pedestrian at 3rd and Hulman
- One injured after accident involving pedestrian in Terre Haute
- Police identify victim of Sunday night accident involving pedestrian
- Name released in fatal car versus pedestrian accident
- Person in critical condition after Wednesday night car/pedestrian accident
- Crews responding to weather related accidents in the Wabash Valley
- Crews respond to multiple slide-offs and accidents
- Accident at 3rd and Cherry in Terre Haute involving THPD officer
- Crews respond to semi fire