VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Those hoping to reopen the pool at the Vigo County YMCA say it's not a Y issue, it's a community issue.
After financial challenges, the YMCA of the Wabash Valley Board of Directors voted to close the pool last year.
Since then, groups, like Why Make Waves?, have been working to get it back.
Last weekend, group members announced plans are in the works to reopen the pool, but it won't come easy.
Meetings with YMCA leaders and Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett continue. They hope to announce more details at a later date.
In the meantime, fundraising is happening now for The Y.
Leaders hope to make $85,000 in support of needed programs and services.
You can donate online or mail your donation to 951 Dresser Drive, Terre Haute, IN 47807.
- Efforts continue to reopen YMCA Pool in Vigo County
- Group continues to raise donations to reopen Vigo County YMCA pool
- City of Terre Haute and Vigo County YMCA reach tentative agreement to reopen pool
- New look in store for Vigo County YMCA Pool, crews working ahead of reopening date
- Contract involving the reopening of the YMCA pool approved
- Grab your bathing suit! YMCA pool finally reopening its doors
- Bloomfield pool reopens
- YMCA pool one step closer to opening
- Opening date announced for YMCA pool
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA