VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Those hoping to reopen the pool at the Vigo County YMCA say it's not a Y issue, it's a community issue.
After financial challenges, the YMCA of the Wabash Valley Board of Directors voted to close the pool last year.
Since then, groups, like Why Make Waves?, have been working to get it back.
Last weekend, group members announced plans are in the works to reopen the pool, but it won't come easy.
Meetings with YMCA leaders and Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett continue. They hope to announce more details at a later date.
In the meantime, fundraising is happening now for The Y.
Leaders hope to make $85,000 in support of needed programs and services.
You can donate online or mail your donation to 951 Dresser Drive, Terre Haute, IN 47807.
- Efforts continue to reopen YMCA Pool in Vigo County
- Group continues to raise donations to reopen Vigo County YMCA pool
- Bloomfield pool reopens
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA
- Vigo County YMCA celebrates Healthy Kids Day
- Vigo County YMCA hosts member's appreciation event
- Changes coming to Vigo County YMCA, pool set to close until further notice
- City of Terre Haute working on plan to reopen YMCA pool
- Terre Haute's mayor says the city and YMCA reach verbal agreement to reopen the pool
- Vigo County YMCA holds blood drive to help Red Cross