EDGAR COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Officials in Edgar County have confirmed that four cases of hepatitis A have been diagnosed in the county.
That's according to a letter from the Edgar County Public Health Department.
In 2018, there were 91 confirmed cases of hepatitis A reported in Illinois.
"Through the state had noticed a rise in hepatitis A cases prior to December, Edgar County...up until recent weeks had remained unaffected. Due to the four recent cases, Edgar County is now included in the Illinois hepatitis A outbreak," Jean McConkey, RN, D
- Edgar County health officials confirm four cases of hepatitis A
- There are now six confirmed cases of Hepatitis A in Edgar County, Illinois
- Edgar County Manhunt Ends
- Officials warn of possible hepatitis A outbreak in Indiana after dozens of confirmed cases
- Indiana investigating increase in hepatitis A cases
- Terre Haute man who entered Edgar County Sheriff's Office heavily armed officially charged
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- New clinic teams up with Edgar County factory