PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - An Illinois county is working to get rid of your unwanted prescription medications.
The Care Coalition in Edgar County, Illinois hosted a drug take-back.
The Care Coalition is located behind the Edgar County Jail.
On Monday, the organization collected unused and expired medications.
They were incinerated on the spot.
The organization also collected syringes and inhalers.
Organizations say it is all about making sure medications don't get into the wrong hands.
National Drug Take-Back Day is on April 27th.
- Edgar County group works to dispose of unwanted and expired medications
- Edgar County Manhunt Ends
- Local medical group expands
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- Edgar County woman arrested on arson charges
- One dead in Edgar County crash
- Crows are back and leaving unwanted gifts.
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- New clinic teams up with Edgar County factory