EDGAR COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - A manhunt out of Edgar County, Illinois has come to an end.
The Edgar County Sheriff's Office says Benjamin Hornbrook has been taken into custody. Police records show Hornbrook was arrested in Vigo County before 3 a.m. Saturday. He had been on the run for several days.
Officials say Hornbrook was wanted for escape out of Howard County, Indiana. They say he was also wanted for receiving stolen property out of Edgar County, Illinois.
That's after officials say he and a female accomplice burglarized the Pleasant Hill Church.
Police tried to arrest Hornbrook and the female at the church. While the female was able to be taken into custody, Hornbrook escaped. He was able to avoid being caught until now.
- Edgar County Manhunt Ends
- Manhunt in Sullivan County for wanted man
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- New clinic teams up with Edgar County factory
- Relay For Life channels Star Wars theme in Edgar County
- Police in Edgar County on the search for gas thieves
- UPDATE: Edgar County man dies after Friday night crash
- Edgar County health officials confirm four cases of hepatitis A