SULLIVAN, IN - Sheriff Clark Cottom said an early morning crash on CR 350 W near Old Hwy 54 has resulted in the death of a Sullivan man.
Early indications are at approximately 4:25 AM, a blue Subaru driven by Parker German - 28 of Sullivan was southbound on CR 350 W, when the driver failed to negotiate a curve.
The vehicle left the roadway and crossed a ditch prior to overturning multiple times.
A passenger, later identified as Landon Vaughn - 27 of Sullivan was ejected from the vehicle.
The vehicle came to rest in a bean field and immediately caught fire.
German was able to exit the vehicle and called 911.
Under the guidance of Sullivan County 911 dispatchers, German attempted life saving measures on Vaughn.
Sullivan County Sgt. Carl Melchert arrived within minutes and continued attempting live saving measures.
Vaughn was unable to be revived by paramedics and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
German was transported to Sullivan County Hospital for a shoulder injury and a toxicology test.
The preliminary toxicology report indicated that German had a blood alcohol of .09%.
German was treated and released and transported to the Sullivan County Jail where he was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated - resulting in death, a Level 5 Felony.
The investigation has also revealed that neither German or Vaughn were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Family of the deceased has been notified.
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Early morning Vigo County crash turns fatal
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Sullivan County crash
- Early morning accident caused power outages in Sullivan County
- One dead after early morning house fire in Sullivan County
- Driver nearly impaled after Sullivan County crash
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Sullivan County Election Results
- UPDATE: victims in fatal Sullivan County accident identified