SHELBURN, Ind. (WTHI) - The Environmental Protection Agency is working to clean up hazardous materials in Shelburn.
Crews are working at the former Hagen Manufacturing site.
The company did plastics molding research and design along with manufacturing.
According to the EPA, hazardous substances were never removed from a lab on the property.
The EPA estimates that the clean-up could take several weeks.
It should be wrapped up in January.
The town of Shelburn is coordinating redevelopment of the surrounding property.
The town wants to build a new waterpark near the property for area children.
- EPA working to clean up hazardous materials in Shelburn
- Shelburn man remembers Pearl Harbor
- Shelburn residents under boil order
- Shelburn water customers under a boil order
- Four bids received for Shelburn Interurban renovation
- Boil order for Shelburn Municipal Water customers
- New STEAM lab opens in Shelburn
- Terre Haute group works to reduce package material waste
- Shelburn leaders issue boil order for entire own
- Manager: Beer and cigarettes stolen during overnight Shelburn gas station break-in