WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - You might start noticing a difference in your electric bill.
That's if you are a Duke Energy customer.
Duke announced it would be cutting rates by more than five percent by the year 2020.
This means you'll be paying an average of $7.33 less for your electric bill.
The company worked with consumer groups to get the new rate.
Indiana Utility Regulators approved the agreement.
The decrease is possible through savings from a new federal tax law.
The exact amount o savings may vary between residential and business customers.
- Duke Energy set to lower electric rates by five percent, credits new tax law
- Duke Energy proposes rate cut, credits federal tax overhaul
- State regulators approve Duke Energy rate reduction
- Duke Energy set to undergo substation improvements
- Duke Energy customers set record for energy usage
- Duke Energy implodes generating station chimney
- Duke Energy sets up display with bucket trucks honoring Officer Pitts
- Duke Energy utility CEO got big boosts to severance, pay
- Duke Energy reports an outage in North Terre Haute
- Duke Energy Foundation funds Reading Wonders Summer Program