CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A broken gas line left a Duke Energy worker stranded in their elevated bucket.
It happened near U.S. 40 and 340 around the Vigo/Clay County line.
News 10 was told Duke Energy crews were working on putting up a new pole and line.
That is when the crews hit a Vectren gas line, puncturing it.
A Duke Energy worker was stranded in the elevated bucket, unable to come down because of the risk of sparking a fire.
That worker has since been able to safely come down with the help of a fire truck.
A Duke Energy representative told News 10 the area had been marked for unground utilities.
Officials are assessing the location of those markings.
About 20 Vectren customers were impacted by the gas leak.
- Duke Energy crew punctures gas line, stranding worker in elevated bucket
- Duke Energy sets up display with bucket trucks honoring Officer Pitts
- Duke Energy ready to respond to downed power lines
- Duke Energy crews head south to help with hurricane relief
- Duke Energy implodes generating station chimney
- State regulators approve Duke Energy rate reduction
- Duke Energy set to undergo substation improvements
- Duke Energy customers set record for energy usage
- Indiana Duke Energy crews gear up to help with Hurricane Florence recovery
- Duke Energy utility CEO got big boosts to severance, pay