VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person is dead following a crash in Vermillion County.
It happened Friday night, just after 11 p.m. on State Road 63, just north of State Road 32.
The Vermillion County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called to State Road 63 and County Road 1300 North for a vehicle driving south in the northbound passing lane.
Shortly after the 911 call was placed, officials received several other calls about an accident just north of State Road 32 on State Road 63. Officials said the calls were for the same vehicle that struck another car driving northbound in the passing lane.
When police arrived, they found the northbound driver, a 16-year-old girl from Covington, Indiana, being cared for and in stable condition.
Police said the southbound driver, Robert Marshall Sr., 75 of Paris, Illinois, was trapped in his vehicle.
Officials and people nearby tried to open the door to help, but were unsuccessful. With help from Perrysville Fire and Rescue, police said they were able to get Marshall out of the vehicle.
Officials said Marshall was critically injured and unresponsive. He died at the scene.
As for the teenager, police said she was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are continuing to investigate the crash. Officials report alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
- UPDATE: Edgar County man dies after Friday night crash
- Edgar County Manhunt Ends
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- New clinic teams up with Edgar County factory
- Relay For Life channels Star Wars theme in Edgar County
- Police in Edgar County on the search for gas thieves
- Edgar County health officials confirm four cases of hepatitis A
- Teen charged after Friday night fatal crash