KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police are investigating after a deadly car wreck in Knox County late Sunday afternoon.
According to Indiana State Police, the wreck happened south of Vincennes along State Road 61 near Bierhaus Boulevard.
Investigators say a male driver crossed the center line and went off the road in his 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The car crashed into a tree before bursting into flames.
The driver was unable to get out.
He died at the scene.
Early Monday morning, state police identified the victim as Travis Gilbert, 38, from Vincennes.
- Police release name of crash victim
- Victims names released from Saturday I-70 crashes
- Police release name of weekend Cleveland Ave. shooting victim
- Victim's name released in Idle Creek Shooting
- Police name victims in deadly Coles County crash
- Name of victim of fatal Friday night crash in Greene County released
- Final report released for 2016 plane crash
- Cause of fatal Clinton fire unclear; police release name of victim
- Officials working to identify fatal crash victim
- Victim identified in Clay County fatal crash