KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police are investigating after a deadly car wreck in Knox County late Sunday afternoon.
According to Indiana State Police, the wreck happened south of Vincennes along State Road 61 near Bierhaus Boulevard.
Investigators say a male driver crossed the center line and went off the road in his 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The car crashed into a tree before bursting into flames.
The driver was unable to get out.
He died at the scene.
Early Monday morning, state police identified the victim as Travis Gilbert, 38, from Vincennes.
- Police release name of crash victim
- Victims names released from Saturday I-70 crashes
- Police release name of weekend Cleveland Ave. shooting victim
- Victim's name released in Idle Creek Shooting
- Police release more information about deadly weekend motorcycle crash
- Police name victims in deadly Coles County crash
- Police identify victim of fatal Knox County motorcycle crash
- Police identify victim in fatal Clark County crash
- Police identify victim in fatal Knox County crash
- Name of victim of fatal Friday night crash in Greene County released