CLARK COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - We have new information about a fatal accident that shutdown a portion of Illinois Route 1 Saturday morning.
The accident happened near Ernst Road in Clark County.
According to Illinois State Police a car ran into the back of a semi. This happened just before 8:30am.
The road was closed in the area for several hours but is now back open to traffic.
The driver of the car, Audria Truelove of Martinsville, Illinois was killed in the accident.
Truelove was a student at Lincoln Trail College in Robinson, Illinois. She was also a member of the softball team.
The team posted a message on Facebook saying grief counselors will be available to students through Highland Church of Christ and First United Methodist Church. There will also be counselors at the college Monday.
- Driver killed in Clark County accident
- Clark County man dead after accident involving train
- One person dead in Clark County, Illinois after ATV accident
- Clark County Sheriff's Office looking for suspect who left the scene of an accident
- Parts of Clark County under boil order
- Clark County will have a new sheriff
- Clark County Fair underway in Illinois
- Clark county family welcomes home quadruplets
- Clark County set to celebrate 200th birthday
- Falling tree kills driver in Martin County