SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man was nearly impaled by a post after a crash in Sullivan County.
That is according to Indiana State Police.
It happened just before 2:00 Friday afternoon near 11422 North US 41 in Farmersburg.
Police say 30-year-old Kenneth Bolinger was driving northbound on 41 in his pickup truck.
They say he suddenly left the roadway and crashed into a business, J and L Services.
According to the release, 4x4, 10-feet-long wooden post went through the truck's grill, through the engine department, and entered the cab.
That's when they say the post barely hit Bolinger's lower leg as it went through the cab.
Bolinger was taken to Regional Hospital for a non-life threatening injury.
Officials believe a medical issue may have led to the crash.
- Driver nearly impaled after Sullivan County crash
- Early Morning Fatal Crash in Sullivan County
- Pedestrian fatally struck in Sullivan County crash
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Sullivan County Election Results
- Driver crashes into tree
- Semi driver charged after Crawford County crash
- Tractor stolen in Sullivan County
- Fire destroys Sullivan County diner