TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - About an hour after News 10 broke the news that former Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Danny Tanoos was facing felony charges, the current superintendent, Dr. Rob Haworth faxed a statement to our newsroom.
The statement says:
"Today, Vigo County School Corporation was informed that the Marion County Prosecutor has filed charges against Dr. Daniel Tanoos. Dr. Tanoos has been placed on administrative leave, pending a review of the charges by the Vigo County School Corporation Board of School Trustees. The Vigo County School Corporation has, and will continue, to cooperate fully with law enforcement."
Tanoos has been placed on paid administrative leave from his current position as the Director of Safety and Security at the school corporation.
The Vigo County School Corporation will continue to cooperate fully with law enforcement to keep your children safe.
We asked school board president Jackie Lower about the charges former superintendent Danny Tanoos faces.
"No statement from anyone on the board today? I'm sure not...anything on what this meeting is about? No. Is it gonna be brought up at all at the meeting after? You'll just have to wait and see," Lower said.
- Statements from VCSC officials about felony charges Tanoos faces
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- Company implicated in Tanoos charges, Energy Systems Group, releases statement
- VCSC 'moving forward' following termination of Danny Tanoos
- Statement on Danny Tanoos from the Vigo County School Corporation
- Tanoos's attorneys release a statement on his behalf
- Appeals court affirms bribery charges against former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- After losing appeals, former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos's legal team asks state supreme court to look into charges
- An emotional Danny Tanoos announces his retirement as Superintendent of VCSC
- VCSC is moving forward with procedures to terminate the contract of Dr. Daniel Tanoos