DAVIESS COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A group of southern Indiana students will soon get the opportunity to visit the 'Happiest Place on Earth,' Walt Disney World.
That's thanks to a few donations.
On Thursday, we told you Barr-Reeve's band booster program had canceled the trip.
That's because the treasurer was accused of stealing more than $34,000 from their account.
Authorities say the program's treasurer, Sheryl Chestnut, wrote herself checks and withdrew money to the tune of nearly $35,000 over the course of about three years.
Now, thanks to a few anonymous donors, the band trip is back on.
- Donations allow Barr-Reeve students to go to Walt Disney World after treasurer accused of stealing money
- Worker dies in 'industrial accident' at Walt Disney World
- Barr-Reeve invites first responders to learn and educate students
- Barr-Reeve gets ready for renovation project
- Work begins on Barr-Reeve renovations
- Former Sullivan County school treasurer enters a guilty plea, accused of stealing thousands
- Disney donates $5 million to help rebuild Notre Dame
- Brazil school turns trash to treasure
- Former treasurer to spend time in jail
- Trash becomes treasure for Replay the Runway