VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An anonymous donation in southern Indiana benefitted a Vigo County park.
On Tuesday, crews spent the day at a remote property in Switz City.
While there, they took down an old cabin.
Pieces of that cabin are being donated to Fowler Park to replace a cabin that was destroyed by a fire last September.
Park officials are excited about preserving that history.
We're told tearing this particular structure down will take three days.
After that, the process to rebuild a refurbished cabin will take months.
Park officials hope to have the project wrapped up by October when Pioneer Days happen at the park.
- Donation benefits Vigo County park
- Valentine's Day run benefits Vigo County YMCA
- Vigo County Parks Department receives $8,000 donation to build new county park
- Big donation to help Vigo County CASA
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation
- Vigo County Parks Department Making Syrup At Prairie Creek Park
- Vigo County Parks Department Preparing Hiking Trails for Future Park
- Big art donations will benefit local kids
- Parking Lot Party benefits Bikes for Tykes
- International Paper donates $1,000 to Vigo County CASA