NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump Jr. reported for jury duty in Manhattan — but didn’t get picked for a case.
The Daily News says Trump was among the prospective jurors for an attempted robbery case on Wednesday.
Secret Service agents and court officers escorted Trump — looking preppy-casual in tan corduroy pants and a grey sweater. He bantered with other prospective jurors and had lunch at a neighborhood restaurant.
State Supreme Court Justice Michael Obus — asking Trump for biographical information — quipped: “Dare I ask what kind of work you’re doing these days?”
The Republican president’s eldest son laughed and replied: “You can probably read about it — mostly real estate.”
He and his brother Eric have been running the Trump Organization, the family’s real estate business, during their father’s presidency.
- Donald Trump Jr reports for jury duty but isn’t picked
- Federal officials warn of increase in jury duty scam reports
- Woman claims jury duty scam almost fooled her
- Federal judge, prosecutor warn Hoosiers of jury duty scam
- Federal court officials renew warning about jury duty scam
- Trump says he isn’t considering firing Mueller over emails
- Donald Trump Jr.’s wife, Vanessa Trump, files for divorce
- GUILTY: Jury convicts Quintin Towles Jr. on four counts
- Barack Obama shows up in Chicago for jury duty; not chosen
- Current Indiana bishop named in grand jury sex abuse report