VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We have new details just one day after a northern Vigo County house fire.
Late Monday afternoon, firefighters rescued three dogs from a home on Betty Jean Lane.
Two dogs suffered from smoke inhalation, while a third suffered severe burns.
News 10 has learned the dog that was burnt has died.
No one else was home at the time of the fire.
The homeowner told News 10 substantial damage was done to the house.
Officials told the homeowner, wiring to the dryer outlet caused the fire.
- Dog that suffered severe burns in Monday afternoon fire has died
- Rural volunteer fire departments suffer; DNR helps
- Fire Chief loses life in Monday Afternoon Crash
- Northern Vigo County house fire under investigation, one dog severely burnt
- Two hurt after Monday afternoon crash involving moped and SUV
- Suffering from "giving fatigue"? You're not alone!
- Local clerk's office suffers cyber attack
- One hospitalized, one arrested following afternoon fire in Sullivan County
- Tuesday afternoon house fire caused ruled as electrical
- The trial for a man accused of raping a woman at knifepoint started on Monday afternoon.