KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Knox County E 911 has a new interim director.
The Knox County Commissioners hired Rob McMullen.
News 10 talked with Commissioner President Kellie Streeter.
She said there was an executive decision to find a new director.
Streeter told us it's in an effort to take county dispatch in a new, more efficient direction.
We reported earlier this year, Vigo County dismissed McMullen as the county's 911 director.
Streeter said she was not concerned about that action.
She also said McMullen brings expertise and experience to the job.
- Dismissed Vigo County 911 director hired as Knox County interim E 911 director
- McMullen shares his plans as Knox County Interim 911 Director
- Commissioners appoint new Vigo County 911 Director
- Interim Vigo County 911 Director brings over 20 years of experience
- The search continues for a Vigo County 911 director
- New Vigo County 911 Director hits the ground running
- Interim Vigo County 9-1-1 director announced after removal of McMullen
- Commissioner tells News 10 Vigo County 911 Director Rob McMullen terminated
- Knox County 911 gets funding to upgrade CAD system
- Vigo County in top 25 for text to 911 usage