TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Terre Haute is welcoming two members of the US Navy Blue Angels to town.
They're here planning for their headliner performance at the 2018 Terre Haute Airshow.
The two F-18 Hornets landed at the airport around 2:00 Tuesday afternoon.
Two members of the flight team are visiting and talking with officials getting to know the Terre Haute area, and learn the ins and outs of the airport.
They say a lot goes into this show to make it spot on.
It's been more than a decade since Terre Haute hosted an air show.
"The first time you went to an air show, probably somewhere between five and 10 years old...so for a lot of kids in the local area they have never seen it before, so it will blow it out of the water for them for sure," Lt. Andre Webb, from the Blue Angels said.
Mark your calendars now, the 2018 Air Show is set for August 18ht and 19th.
- Did you notice the fighter jets over Terre Haute? Blue Angels make stop to get ready for next year's airshow
- Blue Angels make stops at both Terre Haute hospitals
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Terre Haute airport holds press conference for fall airshow
- Shoe Bus receives grant, make stop at Terre Haute school
- New Girl Scouts leader makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Well-known illusionist makes a stop in Terre Haute
- U.S. Senator makes stop in Terre Haute, talks drug addiction
- Peach Truck Tour makes a stop in Terre Haute
- Clydesdale horses make a stop in Terre Haute