NEW YORK (AP) — Dick’s Sporting Goods will immediately end sales of assault-style rifles in its stores and won’t sell guns to anyone under 21 years old following the school massacre in Parkland, Florida.
Dick’s Chairman and CEO Edward Stack said on “Good Morning America” Wednesday that after the shooting the company “felt it needed to do something.”
Stack says that the gunman, Nickolas Cruz, had purchased a gun at a Dick’s store, but not the one used at the school shooting, even though all existing rules were followed. Stack says that the system that’s in place won’t stop sales to dangerous people and said lawmakers must do something.
Stack said Dick’s is prepared for any potential backlash, but will not change its policies on gun sales.
- Dick’s to stop selling assault-style rifles in its stores
- Walmart to stop selling electronic cigarettes at its stores
- Indiana stores could soon sell cold beer
- Colt will stop making AR-15 rifles for consumers
- Walmart to stop selling handgun ammunition
- Spring style show benefits local healthcare
- Learning about different styles of art
- No surprise: Kanye’s free-style riffs dominate Oval Office
- Gorillas perfect their selfie style in photo with park ranger
- Terre Haute fashion show proves style never grows old