INDIANA (WTHI) - Eliminating childhood hunger one meal at a time: The Indiana Department of Education is looking to expand its summer food service program.
The program reimburses local sponsors that serve healthy free meals and snacks to children in low-income areas.
The goal is to find additional sponsors to extend service throughout summer break. Sponsorship is open to public and private non-profit groups.
In 2017 alone, more than 3-million meals and snacks were served at 1,400 sites.
To learn more, including how to get involved and deadlines, click here.
- Dept. of Education looking to expand summer food service program
- Clay County Summer Food Program releases summer numbers
- Vigo County School Corporation announces plans for the Summer Food Service Program
- Clay Youth Food Program
- Summer food program begins Tuesday in Clay County
- Vigo County Summer Food Program kicks off, working to fight food insecurity
- New YMCA director looks to expand services
- Pizza Hut expands beer delivery service
- Casey Summer Reading Program wraps with summer fun
- First chapter of summer reading program begins